Thursday, October 27, 2011

So LWUIT does that too?

I was recently developing a mobile app with the LightWeight UI Toolkit (LWUIT) that required me to save state in a database of some sort on the mobile phone and I didn't want to go in the way of manually saving bytes with the Record Management Store (RMS), so I opted for Floggy - a free object persistence framework for J2ME/MIDP applications. The main goal of this framework is to abstract the data persistence details from the developer, reducing the development and maintenance effort. In the process of reading up on Floggy, I stumbled on an old post by Shai where I discovered that LWUIT IO already has most of the persistence functionalities I need. So if at any time you need to go a little above what RMS offers, you can try out LWUIT IO, but if you'd rather not use LWUIT at all, you can give Floggy a trial instead.

No comments: